Friday, April 27, 2012

Being Brave

Recently...I've tried something I never thought I would...sushi. Just the thought of it used to make me shudder w/ disgust. Then...the more I heard people talking about how delightful it is...I decided, it couldn't be all that bad.

So...w/ Deal Chicken certificate in hand...I headed off to Hoshi Sushi in the Drake neighborhood to try it out for myself.

Now...I will say...I haven't braved anything raw yet (unless the imitation crab they use counts). ;) The rolls I've tried have all been tempura battered...and delicious! From the spicy sauces to the yummy veggies...this sushi's for me. I can even handle the beautiful, shiny red roe on top of the Bulldog roll.

I don't know if I'll ever get adventurous enough to try sashimi (the actual raw fish)...or to venture into the squid, etc. categories...but the sushi I've tried so far has delighted my tastebuds. Enough so that I've purchased 3 more Groupon deals for it.

(Have I mentioned that I love online deals??)

~Hilary~




No comments:

Post a Comment