Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bejeweled...


Jewelry, jewelry...oh how I love thee! Vintage jewelry...to be exact. I just can' help myself...when I'm out-and-about @ garage sales, flea markets...wherever...my eyes are always looking for some pretty baubles. I almost have a snobby aversion to new jewelry. Like, how dare it think it's cooler than my lovingly worn, vintage pieces?!?  Alright...so that's a bit extreme...but it's how I feel, in my heart of hearts...about my lovelies.

A must-have when you have a slight problem collecting (anything) is a place to display it. I haven't had a proper home for my pretties...until now. The last of our bedrooms to be redone is now a home-away-from-home for my niece, Miss Addy...and a showcase for my jewelry. I still want to add some details to the room itself...so pics of that project will be coming later. The landing spot for my accessories is done, though...and I couldn't love it more!



I bought 2 towel bar thingies @ IKEA last May (that's how long this idea has been brewing) + 'S' hooks to hang all of my necklaces, headbands, and scarves. There's also a magnetic bar w/ lidded containers (also from IKEA and supposed to be for spices, I think) to hold little things...earrings, rings, pins. Most of my collection is now on display...I do have a few odds & ends in another spot, though. 

I'm so excited to have all of my jewelry organized and visible...the accessorizing possibilities are now endless!

~Hilary~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment