Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

Oh hey, fancy pants meal! What's up?
You have quickly become one of my
favorite dinner delights.

Ingredients:

Chicken
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup milk (I used buttermilk instead...holla!) 
3 cup colby jack cheese (shredded)
1 tsp parsley flakes

Sauce
1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp butter

1. Give the crackers a whirl in a food processor...make the finest crumbs you can.

2. I got all of my ingredients ready the nite b/f I was going to make the chicken. This made preparing the dish quick & easy...great for after a long day. I stored everything in long containers...perfect to use in the prep station.

3. Now...I'm pretty sure what made this chicken dinner over-the-top amazing was marinating the chicken overnite in buttermilk. I used about half a quart to marinate...and then the other half to dip the chicken in b/f I coated it. The buttermilk breaks down the chicken...making it soveryjuicy! Coating process...1st: buttermilk, 2nd: shredded cheese, 3rd: cracker crumbs. Then...into a greased 9x13 inch pan...and baked in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes (covered) and then 10 mins more (uncovered).

4. Once the chicken is browned & yummy...you'll top it off w/the simplest sauce ever. In a small pan, heat cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter...mixing until smooth and creamy.

Got to share this tasty treat w/ a couple of great friends...and we all cleared our plates, trust me. Soveryhappy I chose to make extras! Dinner was followed by croissant bread pudding...you can check that out over here.

~Hilary~

*All the props for crispy cheddar chicken belong to the blog, Jamie Cooks It Up!.





No comments:

Post a Comment