Monday, January 23, 2012

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Can't you just taste 'em..the garlic -buttery, flaky deliciousness of those yummy biscuits from Red Lobster...the ones you can just never get enough of??

Well...turns out they're pretty easy to make (and cheap)!




Ingredients:


Biscuits

-2 1/2 c. Bisquick (I used Jiffy Baking Mix...it's the same and a bit cheaper)
-4 tbsp. cold butter
-1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (I used a mix of sharp cheddar and colby jack)
-3/4 c. milk
-1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Butter Topping

-3 tbsp. butter (melted)
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-3/4 tsp. dried parsley flakes


1. In a medium mixing bowl, cut butter into the baking mix. At first, I tried to use a couple of forks...but then I wised up and used my Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop...worked perfectly! You're basically just trying to break the butter up into pea-sized bits...and get them mixed in nicely.

2. Add milk, shredded cheese, garlic powder...and mix. You want to be careful not to over-mix (makes the biscuits tough...instead of light & fluffy).

3. Place in 1/4 cup portions onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 13-15 mins. Mine baked for 13 minutes...I wanted them to be flaky and delish...not dry.

4. As soon as you pull the biscuits out...you'll brush on the butter topping. It's the melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley flakes mixed together. Then, sprinkle on the tiniest bit of salt.

*Oh mylanta! These actually turned out justtheway they taste at the restaurant! I'm going to have a tough time sharing these tasties...

  

~Hilary~



P.S...I found the recipe on Pinterest from this blog. Also, I doubled the ingredients...and it made 27 biscuits.






No comments:

Post a Comment