Tuesday, October 25, 2011

me



So...until now...I've only blogged on happy, fluffy things. I need to keep it real, though, so I thought I'd share a more personal side of me.

Something that I focus on waytoomuch is...myself. Not necessarily in an outwardly selfish way...but in a constant, self-deprecating way. I evaluate myself with such high standards, that it would be impossible to measure up.

I realized recently, that it's not just me that suffers from my unattainable need for perfection...but also everyone I interact with. Whether it's the hubs, friends, or acquaintances...I don't give people the chance to like the real me. How could I possibly be good enough...or someone they'd like to be around.

Wow...that's some heavy stuff, huh? Now, it's not like I'm completely unable to interact...but my "imperfections," are always lurking somewhere in my consciousness. This is a fact I'd like to change...to learn to like myself...so that maybe others could have a better chance of doing so. If nothing else...what a burden to be lifted?  


1 comment:

  1. I love this. I love you. You're fresh. You're honest. You're real. You're original. You're creative. You're talented. You're beautiful. Need I go on?

    ReplyDelete