Monday, September 26, 2011

Can't Wait...

...to leave for vacation!!! All I can seem to think about is the open road...so it must be time. :) With no plans (specific destinations or even hotel rooms), we're going wherever the highways and byways take us. We could end up in Canada (I've never been...and really want to go) or possibly the U.P. in Michigan. I guess we'll see what happens!

Until then, I'll have to settle for a 'trip' down memory lane (a few pics from other adventures on the road)...
Saw the sign for Edinburgh Manor off of the interstate...so we followed a winding country road, hoping to discover some grand estate...only to find a retirement home time had forgotten. Disappointing...but HI-larious!!
'Family' Beer & Liquor...this could be the definition of irony...

Getting ready to float away on the Iowa River in Decorah *sigh*


An ill-fated, but wonderful birthday present...tickets to Lady Antebellum at the Illinois State Fair. Had an amazing time travelling there, visiting Antique Archaeology (http://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers) along the way. Alas, the concert wasn't meant to be. A huge storm blew in...forcing us to wait for over 2 hours b/f they finally cancelled. :( Another time perhaps...


The beautiful and scenic Mississippi 'Great River Road'...followed it south, starting in Prarie du Chien, WI. The pic of us was taken in Guttenberg, IA...I would live there just for the view of the river and bluffs that run parallel to the entire town. :)

~~~~~~

Have I bored you all yet??? Maybe just one more trip....????


This destination wasn't reached by car...but I sure wish it had been. Attempted a cruise to the Bahamas...and while it was so beautiful...it was not relaxing or enjoyable (at least for me--soooo motion sick). I still feel very lucky for having the experience, though...I mean, look at that water!!! :)
~~~~~~
Okay...I think I've exhausted the vaca pics for now...and probably anyone who's taken the time to look at them. ;)

Good Nite!








5 comments:

  1. How fun seeing pics of your old vacays! Looks like you guys have had some good times! Road tripping sounds exciting. Can't wait to see pics of where you end up! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to Sault Ste. Marie Michigan. Its right on the border of Michigan and Canada and is also a cool place to visit. They have the Soo Locks which are fun to watch as well as some other cool touristy things to do!

    Just saying...

    -Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love road trips!! Hope you guys have a blast. Can't wait to see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for posting so many pics, i love them. hope you have a lovely vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seriously going to hide in your trunk. It won't be awkward at all.
    I love love love to get in the car and go anywhere! What a perfect time to go north, too!
    PLEASE instagram all along way so we can see...well, *they* can see...I'll be in your trunk, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete