Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Breakfast To-Go

So...I really do try my hardest to eat b'fast every a.m. What I choose to eat, however, can sometimes be weird or completely unhealthy. These little bake-in-pan egg delights, however, could make my morning routine quick, easy, and dare I say...healthy.

Ingredients:

*frozen hashbrowns (I had about 1/3 of a bag and it was plenty)
*shredded cheese (of your choice)
*2 dozen medium eggs (plus or minus...depending on how many you want to make)
*chopped ham or bacon (enough to taste a bit in each cup)
*salt & pepper
*olive oil

Ok...so, it's clear that the measurements on this recipe are less than stellar...but it's really going to depend on how many eggs you want to make. I figure, if you're going to make the mess...you might as well try for at least a dozen (since that's how eggs come and it's the number of cups in a muffin pan).

Also...this is a great recipe to use up left-overs. Tonite, I'm using ham from Thanksgiving...it just has to go...I can't stand to look at it another moment.


1. Grease muffin pans and fill w/a thin layer of hashbrowns. Recipe calls for shredded, but all I had were southern style potatoes...so they'll have to do for this round. Also...I used cooking spray...but will use olive oil next time (cooking spray gets weird at too high of heat). Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

2. Remove pan from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Sprinkle a bit of cheese onto potatoes, add a pinch of salt & pepper, crack an egg into each cup, top with chopped ham/bacon, more shredded cheese, and a bit more salt for taste. Return to oven for 13-16 minutes. Now...my oven is perhaps one of the first models ever made...so mine took a wee-bit longer. Artistic license, we'll call it. ;)


And...I know we've discussed my lack of patience b/f...so it will come as no surprise that the instant I pulled these delicious nibbles out of the oven, I had to try one. Amazing! :)

So...I might actually look forward to getting out of bed in the a.m...just knowing I have these to enjoy. Ummm....not so much...they will be a tasty addition to my day, though.

~Hilary~

*P.S. recipe found on Pinterest...and belongs to this blog: http://thevillagecook.com/idaho-sunrise-part-two/



2 comments:

  1. May have to try. They look super good plus they seem to include the girls' favorite foods. -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. they have been really good, nicole...even left-over. now that i've tried them, i'm going to do some variations...possibly make them a little easier to make. could involve pie crust instead of potatoes and making a quiche type of filling instead of individual eggs.

    ReplyDelete