Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sorry

Sorry...
Oh, I'm sorry...

"Stop saying sorry!"
       Sorry

This little word, 'sorry,' is a bad habit for me. I say it all the time...to the point that I may not even know what it means anymore.  I say it when I'm uncomfortable. When I'm afraid I've said something wrong. I even say it if someone bumps into me (even though it should be the other way around).

I'm not sure when I jumped on the 'sorry' train...but it's definitely something I'm aware of and need to stop. So...if you're around me...and I do it...sorry. (see! old habits...)



I don't know what to replace it w/ though. It seems to be a comfort to me...fills in an awkward moment...allows me to deal w/ a situation where I don't know what else to say. It also harkens to my intense need not to offend. Why do I always care if I offend, anyway?? (whole other subject...another day, perhaps)

I wonder how many of us have a crutch like this...one that allows us to slip by...unnoticed.

~Hilary~

4 comments:

  1. I say sorry to customers when we don't have a product in store...even if its one we wouldn't normally carry like hawkeye shot glasses.

    I agree its a habit that forms from not wanting to offend anybody but sometimes, no matter how many times you say sorry, they will still be offended.

    -Dustin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. having to say sorry at the store is the worst! b/c deep down...you're not sorry. boo.

      Delete
  2. i'm right there with you...tough habit to break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! I used to be the person who would only say sorry when it was warranted. I had brass and then I because the sorry girl and I can't stand it. It has just recently almost cost me my job because my boss said I am too apologetic towards my staff and that I needed to stop or they would replace me! Talk about a wake up call! I hope you figure our your comfort zone and get off the sorry track :)

    Thanks for following me. I'm following back.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete