Monday, November 21, 2011

Taco Soup

Recipes I enjoy most are ones that require the least amount of effort...yet still taste good, of course. Taco soup indubitably fits the bill.

Basically, the only prep this recipe requires, is opening A LOT of cans (pouring their contents into a slow cooker), chopping an onion, browning hamburger (w/ aforementioned onion)...and then adding the beef to the slow cooker. Easy Peasy.


Ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger (browned)
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 cans diced plain tomatoes *I use the ones w/ garlic...a little extra flavor*
1 can pinto beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can hominy *I use yellow*
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix

*My arm's tired just thinking about opening all of those cans...

1. Soften onion in a little olive oil or butter...

2. While the onion cooks...pour all of the canned ingredients + ranch dressing packets into slow cooker. *oh mylanta...dangerously close to the top...and I still have to add the ground beef! I may need a bigger pot...*

3. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef and onions while they are cooking. There's that Pampered Chef Mix 'n Chop...I just love that thing!


4. Once the ground beef and onions are finished cooking, add them to the slow cooker, cover and let simmer. The cooking is basically done at this point...but I always think soup tastes better the longer it cooks. Even more so the next day!

While taco soup is delicioso all on its own...I usually top mine with some shredded colby jack cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

*Enjoy!

~Hilary~






No comments:

Post a Comment