Monday, September 12, 2011

Roadside Treasures...Part One


One of my favorite things is finding a new use for what others have discarded.  These frames, along with a super-cute plant stand were in a heap at the end of a driveway near my house. I spied them early one morning, but didn't have the time to stop...so I crossed my fingers they would still be there later and...tada!...they were! As much as I love free things, I'm still a bit embarassed to rifle through people's trash...so I was happy to do it under the cloak of night. :)

aforementioned, super-cute plant stand...






A fresh coat of gray spray paint (with the help of hubby) and these freebies are almost ready for their new home in a guest bedroom. I have some funky, vintage fabric ordered from Etsy to fill the frames...so stay tuned for the final result!


5 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled that you are blogging now - you are so stinking creative and cool and classy and cophisticated (that's "sophisticated" with a "c")
    I was just thinking last week, man - she and Jason know how to have FUN! Blog away my friend, blog away. And hurry up! I can't wait to see the final results!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm going to drive by piles on the curb thinking, "What could Hilary make out of that?" (because if it's not already done, I'm just not seeing it!)
    I was thinking you could also blog: how to dress super duper awesome! Then I'll copy the examples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of you ladies are too kind! I will try my darndest to be as cool as you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Freebies are the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete