Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Thrifty Valentine

Spent a wonderful morning thrifting w/ a couple of friends & Sister the other day.

*Fueled up for the day at Mullett's w/ a superdelicious b'fast. I enjoyed a b'fast taco w/ eggs, bacon, cheese, & chorizo + pancakes and hashbrowns...yikes!



*Picked up this sweet heart lamp @ Salvation Army for $1.99! Added a Fiestaware vase I already had and 3-$1.50 snapdragons.

*Decided to finally use the cute heart-shaped pillar candle I bought on clearance @ Target like 2 years ago after Valentine's Day. I have a verybadhabit of not wanting to use stuff like that. I mean, what am I saving it for??


*Red crock ($15 @ Antiques for Freaks and Geeks)...couldn't resist adding it to my Valentine vignette.

*Love, love, love both of these little beauties: table runner ($1.99 @ Salvation Army) and vase ($15 @ The Attic). I just whipped up a tissue paper flower to add a little punch of color.

*Okay...so this cabinet wasn't necessarily "thrifty" perse...but it was still a great deal (@ The Attic)...and will be perfection in the soon-to-be finished bedroom upstairs! Miss Addy will have the cutest place ever for her clothes & treasures.

*I normally don't decorate for any holidays (other than Christmas), but I really like the way this Valentine display turned out! Might have to be a regular thing...emphasis on might.

 
*Last, but not least...this is Roger...the sweetest little dog @ one of the stops on our thrifting adventure. Soooo cute! :)

A very successful shopping trip I'd say! Treasures & girl-time...can't beat that.

~Hilary~



 

3 comments:

  1. I could go for a breakfast taco anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...you got good stuff!! and your hutch is so lovely!! You will HAVE to decorate every Valentines Day now!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hutch!! It was a very successful (and fun) day!!

    ReplyDelete