Saturday, December 31, 2011

Splendid Saturday

What a fabulous day to send out 2011. Up early...took a *brisk* walk downtown, had some tasty food, and spent a few hours w/ Sister & Miss Addy doing some thrifting (pics to come later...had to wash everything first...my fear of bed bugs is great).

Tastiest donut in all the land...creme-filled from Dahl's. This one was hot from the oven...ohmygoodness!

It was a chilly one out there, folks. Kept warm w/ my pretty new Christmas scarf from Stacie.

I thought this lamp was so pretty. It may or may not be on the federal court house...I was kind of afraid I shouldn't be taking pics there...but I risked it all for the blog. ;)

World Food Prize Building (used to be the Des Moines Public Library)...so happy someone decided to give this beautiful place new life, instead of tearing it down. Gorgeous!!


Double b'fast?? Okay! I know I just showed a pic of the delightful donut I had...but then we were out walking in the East Village, it was so cold out...Baby Boomers just beckoned! The biscuits & gravy? Amaze!

Hellllloooo, Miss Addy! She was sporting the cutie outfit from her cool Aunt Hilary. As we were taking the pic w/ my Ipod Touch, using the reverse feature...she could see us and kept asking,"Who's that?"...so adorable!

Busy day calls for a refuel...Mocha Frappe from McD's...yumm!

Now...a low-key nite planned w/ snackies, Harry Potter, and some fam. Wishing everyone a fun, safe New Year's Eve!

~Hilary~







1 comment:

  1. Hey Hilary!

    I just found your blog through the Sunday Social and I really like it! I too love having my creative outlet through my blog! I'm glad you are bloggin! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what is new in the new year!

    Happy New Year!
    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete